If you’re searching for the best meatloaf recipe you don’t have to look any further. When I was growing up my mom used to make this delicious meatloaf once a week since it was such a huge hit with our family. The meatloaf was fantastic hot out of the oven but, I think it was even more enjoyable cold the next day. Nothing says comfort food any better that a delicious, moist meatloaf covered with a brown sugar glazing. Surprise your family tonight and serve this meatloaf with a side of some mashed potatoes or egg noodles and you’ll have everyone asking for more. Whether you decide to enjoy this dish hot or cold, I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s the best meatloaf recipe you ever had.
Total Time Required – 55 to 65 Minutes
Preparation – 20 Minutes
Cook Time – 35 to 45 Minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground meat
- ½ Cup of ketchup
- 1 Can of tomato sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- ½ Teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of cayenne
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ Cup of Onion (chopped)
- 2 Teaspoons of mustard
Ingredients for Topping:
- ¼ Cup of ketchup
- ½ Teaspoon of mustard
- 2 Teaspoons of brown sugar
1. Use a large bowl and combine together all of the meatloaf ingredients except for the ground beef and mix well.
2. Next, add in the ground beef and mix well.
3. Press the mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
4. Use a separate bowl and mix the topping ingredients, make sure to mix together well.
5. Pour the topping evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
6. Place the meatloaf in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
7. When done, remove the meatloaf from the oven and drain off any grease.
8. Serve this simple meatloaf hot or cold.